I’ve been dying to sew something with my fabric collection, Eloise’s Garden and over the holidays finally had a chance to do just that. I’ve had the Colette Pattern’s Violet blouse for ages and it seemed high time to give it a go. So, the details:
* I made Version 2 of the blouse (the option with the mid-length sleeves).
* I traced off a size 0 and graded to a size 2 at the hem. Aside from that, I didn’t make any modifications to the pattern and it fits perfectly. When sewing shirts, I typically make a short back waist length adjustment (I’m 5’5) and lower armholes. I didn’t run into any fit issues in these areas, sewing the pattern as is.
*I’m definitely planning to sew this blouse again, probably using the no facing hack. I like plackets in shirt patterns better than facings, so it’s more a matter of personal preference going that route. Here’s the link to that pattern hack if that’s your jam, too.
* I sort of hemmed and hawed about doing the buttonholes by hand, but just went with machine made buttonholes in the end.
And that’s that! I’m trying to figure out what to sew next using Eloise’s Garden. I love the Stars Hollow Quilt Pattern from Suzy Quilts and have that on my to sew list. I’d really like to sew another Archer shirt. And because the collection includes a couple of prints in rayon (!), I’m planning to sew Chantilly from Colette. Decisions, decisions…